Your church website is more important now than ever before. In a time when many churches are unable to gather in person, your web presence is now the central hub for so much of church life.
But all of that can be derailed if we aren’t careful.
In our experience churches generally make the same handful of mistakes on their websites. We put together a list of the 11 biggest mistakes that we see the most.
Here they are in no particular order:
- Big Picture of the Building As The Main Image
- Big Picture of the Pastor As The Main Image
- Deep Dropdown Menus With Multiple Tiers
- All Information On Homepage
- One Page Site
- Unnecessary Staff Members On The Staff Section
- Using Individual Emails Instead of Forms
- Not Using Calls To Action
- Sending People Off Your Site For Content
- Direct Link To Giving
- Big Homepage Sliders
We hope this episode helps your church build a better web presence.