Since 2003, Google has given over $9 billion in free advertising to nonprofit organizations. And your church could be one of them! With Google Ad Grant Management, REACHRIGHT can help you make the most out of $10,000 you’ll receive from Google each month. As a nonprofit organization, you should take full advantage of this and grow your reach.
Google ad campaigns have the ability to increase traffic to your church’s website thus increasing new visitors. You’ll want to take full advantage of what Google has to offer to nonprofit organizations. But you might need help managing your Google Ad Grant.
This is where we come in!
Estimated reading time: 11 minutes
Table of contents
- Google Ad Grants
- What We Do
- Who is eligible?
- Are Google Ad Grants Really Worth It?
- How much does Google Grant management cost?
- Requirements for Google Grants: Step-by-Step
- Minimum Click Through Rate
- Monthly Management: Compliance
- Benefits to using Google Ads
- Google Grant Management Agencies
- Other things to know
Google Ad Grants
The Google Ad Grants program is one of the most beneficial programs your church can sign up for. You’ll have access to up to $10,000 each month in search ads. This will help you increase visibility, engage new visitors and grow your church over time.
Once you’re approved, you can immediately start running your ads!
But where to start? It can seem like a daunting task to figure out the ins and outs of Google Ad Grant management. This is why it’s helpful to have someone like REACHRIGHT take care of everything for you!
What We Do
Aside from helping you create a fantastic church website, we help churches from all over with their Google Ad grant management. We employ Google-certified Adwords experts and pastors who know all about search engines and churches.
We will help attract more visitors directly to you by designing great grant campaigns. And we’ll tackle everything from the application and requirement process to the creation and management of your account.
Other things we will do for you:
- Test thousands of keywords
- Precise targeting
- Detailed monthly reports
- Create and test dozens of ads
- Help to increase tithes and offerings
We secure the Google Grant for you, which means you’re awarded $10,000 a month to spend on ads. Then we’ll take care of your entire AdWords campaign and manage the Google Ad Grant so you can focus on your ministry. With detailed monthly reports, you’ll always be aware of where the money is going and how well the ads are performing. We will check Google analytics with the ad creation to assure you’re getting the most out of our services.
Who is eligible?
There are a few straightforward requirements to make sure you are eligible for the Google Ad Grant. You have to prove that you are a non-profit, so you will need to have an EIN that is registered as a non-profit, or be under a parent organization’s non-profit covering. Many churches have 501(c)(3) status through a group ruling granted to their national parent denomination.
If you don’t have proof of your own 501(c)(3) status, you will need a group exemption letter. This is a letter from an officer confirming your church as a subordinate under the group ruling of the national parent denomination, and must be composed on the letterhead of your national parent denomination.
You will need a physical address and an official email. If you don’t have your own building, but meet in a rented facility for services, we can use that as your physical address. You also can’t be a school, hospital, healthcare organization or government entity. Google has separate programs for these organizations, but they don’t fall under the Google for Non-Profits program. Churches with schools are usually still eligible for the Google Grant.
You also need to have a website, as this is where ad traffic will be sent. Your website will need to be good to keep people on your site. First impressions are important, and we can help with that!
Are Google Ad Grants Really Worth It?
While it can feel like a daunting task to create ad campaigns, all nonprofit organizations should apply for this program. Imagine what you could do with $10,000 of free funding every month. With the right Google Ad Grant management, the program will empower you and your church to accomplish more than you could on your own.
- Increase online conversions such as signups, donations/tithes, and volunteer registrations
- Bid on competitor’s keywords so your ads can show up alongside their listings
- Build brand awareness and get your name out there as much as possible
When you first get started, there’s a lot of information you’ll have to understand. Between figuring out keyword research and keeping up with Google’s compliance standards, newcomers have a lot to learn! And with a lot on your plate already, your team might not have enough time to devote to managing your Google Ad Grant. There are so many reasons why your church should apply for this program.
How much does Google Grant management cost?
This depends on which Google Grant Ad Agency you want to work closely with. Here at REACHRIGHT we provide many different services such as website creation, sermon sling, local SEO, and of course Google Ad Grant management.
Pricing Packages for REACHRIGHT:
Package One: $297 billed monthly
- Google Grant Submission
- Guaranteed Acceptance
- Up to $10,000 Monthly Goolge Ads
- Program Compliance Guaranteed
- New Keywords Monthly
- New Ads Monthly
- Detailed Monthly Reports
- Expert A/B Testing
- No Expertise Needed
- Google Certified Experts
Package Two: $497 billed monthly
- Everything in package one
- Google My Business Optimization
- 77 Directory Submissions
- Detailed Monthly Reports
- Amazon Alexa Listing
- Apple Listing
- Bing Listing
- Facebook Listing
- Instagram Listing
- Yahoo Listing
- Yelp Listing
- YP Listing
- MapQuest Listing
- Baidu Listing
- Snapchat Listing
- Dozens Of Other Directory Listings
Requirements for Google Grants: Step-by-Step
Here we will break down step by step the process of how Google Ad grants work. google ad grant account
- Request a Google for Nonprofits account
- Become verified
- Activate and use individual products
Get started here and begin the application process.
As you can see, it’s very simple. If you’re eligible and meet all the standard requirements, you should be verified pretty quickly. While the application process is not that difficult, managing your ads can be time-consuming.
Minimum Click Through Rate
Click through rate can be used to gauge how well your keywords and ads, and free listings, are performing. CTR is the number of clicks that your ad receives divided by the number of times your ad is shown: clicks ÷ impressions = CTR. If you had 5 clicks and 100 impressions then your CTR would be 5%.
Each of your different ads will have different CTR’s and can be checked separately. Having a high CTR means that users finds your ads relevant and helpful.
Think about which ads get your attention and why you click on them. The more specific you are about a topic, the more likely someone is going to click on your ad. Use CTR to gauge which ads are doing well and what you can possibly improve upon.
Monthly Management: Compliance
The Google Ad Grant program is extensive and by not complying to all of their guidelines, your account could be disable. This is why having someone manage your account can be helpful. We’ll sort through the confusing jargon and keep up with all the new updates made over time.
Some of these include maintaining a 5% click through rate, avoiding single-word or generic keywords, and responding to the annual program survey. If this sounds confusing, then that’s okay. We’ve combed over everything you might need to know about staying in compliance.
Thankfully, Google offers many helpful documents that provide plenty of information about how to stay in compliance. For in depth information, read their documents on Program Policies, Account Management Policy, and their Ad Grants Policy Compliance Guide.
Benefits to using Google Ads
There are countless benefits to getting up to $120,000 a year in Google Ad Grant funding. First, it brings awareness and buzz to your church. There’s a high chance that people in your own city might not know about your church. While word of mouth advertising works well, it can’t be the only way to market yourself.
Create awareness and buzz
- Let people know who you are and how you help the community. When you see an ad over and over again, your brain is more likely to remember the information later on. So when people are looking for a church, the chances are higher they will remember the name of yours since they’ve seen ads about it.
Boost site engagement
- When people click on your ads, they should be directed to your website. This leaves lasting impressions on people, and keeps them coming back. Your site has valuable information such as location and service time, as well as information about all upcoming events. Engage with your community and provide them with as many chances to walk in your doors as possible.
Increase online conversions
- These conversions could be signing up to your newsletter or asking for more information. Ultimately, Google wants you to take advantage of more bidding strategies like Target CPA, Maximize Conversions, and Enhanced CPC and optimize for conversions.
Google Grant Management Agencies
There are many other great options for grant management. Google has a comprehensive list of agencies that might be a good fit for you. You will work closely with this agency, so you want to trust that they have the best intentions. We’ve found a few really great Christian marketing agencies that can help you achieve greatness.
- Missional Marketing
- Missional Marketing is a great service that provides website creation as well as Google Grant management. They’ll help you save time for your team and optimize the funding for your account. To add more value to your Google Ad Grant Management subscription with them, they include a Church Share and Invite Tool when you run 4 or more campaigns.
- Faithworks Marketing
- Faithworks Marketing helps you with your church website, local SEO, Google Grant and social media. They will work closely with you and it’s very personal. They’ve already helped so many churches bring in more guests just by managing their ads alone.
- Church Marketing University
- This is a great marketing company that focuses on Churches. They will help you with managing your Google Ad Grant as well as social media and branding. CMU wants to help train you and help you understand the ins and outs of church marketing.
This only applies to the Google search engine and not other search engines such as Bing or Safari.
While the geo-targeting is helpful, the ads will only reach so far.
No banner or text ads. You won’t be able to run ads that reach people across GDN, which includes both display prospecting and re-marketing.
The 5% CTR may be a high percentage for some that they cannot maintain in order to keep the Google Ad Account.
Other things to know
The $10,000 that Google provides each month does not come in the form of cash. That would be nice, wouldn’t it? It comes in the form of a $10,000 monthly credit on the Google Adwords platform.
There is no spend requirement, so don’t worry if you don’t manage to spend all $10,000 each month, but it’s in your best interest to use it since it’s basically free money!
If you don’t spend all $10,000 however, they don’t roll over into the next month. So don’t let that money go to waste, let us help you find the best use of each dollar.
As you can see, there is a lot that goes into the Google Ad Grant. If you think your church could benefit off of $10,000 every month for Google ads, then find sign up today and get started! We want your church to appear at the top of Google search results. So follow the steps listed above and watch your website traffic increase tenfold.
Don’t underestimate the power of a great ad. Exposure is one of the best marketing tools your church can implement. When more people know about your church and visit your website, this means more people that are getting connected to a church in their local area and developing a relationship with God which is the ultimate goal.